advertising rates
My Birth
Featured Listings

Meeting other Central Coast mothers

Posted by

If you are like me and didn’t go to school on the Central Coast and spent most of your previous life somewhere on the F3 traveling to and from Sydney, when you become a new mum you can find yourself feeling rather alone and isolated. Even those women who have lived here all their life can feel the need to make connections with other new mums.

So soon after the birth of my first child I went on a mission to meet other Central Coast mums.

With my 6 week old son, I headed off to my first mothers group meeting at my local early childhood centre. It is amazing how comforting it is to sit with a bunch of other new mothers and hear them express the same sense of confusion at all that was now going on in their lives. You don’t feel so mad when the lady setting next to you describes a emotion or situation that you thought you where the only one experiencing. I was very lucky to meet a great bunch of women and we soon starting a weekly catch up at each others houses.

I also did a baby massage course which I just loved with Deborah Sirone, here I meet some more mothers with babies of the same age.

Once my first child turned 6 months a whole other number of opportunities opened up to us. I enrolled my child in swimming and music lessons and even tried a few kids gym classes, but I started to feel that I was over doing it and I couldnโ€™t now keep up with all our social engagements.

My oldest is now three years old and I still catch up with my mothers group and have made many good friends on the Coast. Having a baby gives you a wonderful opportunity to meet new people, so donโ€™t stay home feeling alone and isolated, get out there and make the most of it.

Please share your stories of meeting other amazing mums, or any recommendations you might have to those that have only just begun their parenting journey here on the Central Coast.

50 Comments on “Meeting other Central Coast mothers”

1. Sally says:

I also made great friends joining my local mothers group at Kincumber’s early childhood centre. My not so little boy is now 5 and we still meet up every second week. Now that our children are going to school next year we look forward to having time to spend together that doesn’t evolve around the kids.
    I also think a great way to meet people is through your local playgroups, I notice that this website has them all listed. So that would also be my recommendation.

2. Lisa says:

My mothers group are outstanding! I have no idea how such a diverse mix of women can be such honest, true friends, but we are ๐Ÿ™‚
    There is certainly the common denominator of being new parents in the early days, marking milestones and sleepless nights together, fretting and agonising over whether to control cry, use cloth or disposable, dummy or thumb. And it is a time of unprecedented learning about not only your gorgeous new baby, but yourself in a brand new role with an ever changing job description!
    But in the months and years that have now followed, more children for some, but not all, the friendships have been forged in iron – solid, reliable and firm, and yet soft, joyous and funny.
    I would highly recommend being part of a mothers group, it is a rich and rewarding experience. As is being a mum ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Erin says:

Due to hospitalisation, operations and other challenges I never got to join a mothers group when my baby was small then due to other circumstances I couldn’t get along when she was a little bigger. So I joined a craft group where children were welcome. We talked about the children, parenting, husbands, sleep (or lack of) etc etc and we also talked about our craft and shared ideas, equipment and encouragement. I’m still involved and now have 2 gorgeous girls and whilst sometimes I never did any craft I still went along and soaked up the love, lol. Now I teach craft classes so not only did I find a fabulous support as a mum I also found a new vocation.

4. Carla says:

How did you find out about your local mothers groups? I am a first time mum due in December. Cheers

5. Coast Kids says:

After you have your baby at either Gosford or Wyong the midwives will come and do four home visits, (if you birth at North Gosford Private you will need to go and see your obstetrician). The midwives will then hand your care over to the Early Childhood Nurses that will also come to your house. They will then offer you a place in a baby group in an early childhood centre near you. You will go to this for 6 weeks where you will learn a bunch of great stuff about feeding, settling and other new baby stuff. Then you can organise to keep catching up with the other mothers in the group if you so wish.

6. leisa says:

i am having my first baby in april 2010 at the san hospital in sydney but live in east gosford and wondering how i can get info on joining up with a mothers group in east gosford area in april next year? i don’t know many people from central coast as grew up in syd and work there still too!

7. Kylie says:

Hello we have a 9 month old precious daughter,I live on the central coast and do not have family or friends around here .
    I wanted to get my daughter to interact with other children as she just loves kids!! I did not end up going to mothers groups i guess i was to shy.But interested in getting a group together or joining one for the babies to play ๐Ÿ™‚ .

8. Michelle Robertson says:

Hi there, just wanting to know how i join a mothers group on the central coast? im a brand new mum that is expecting any day and would like to get involved in a mothers group straight away.

9. kylie says:

Hello michelle ,i have a nine month old (as stated above).Would you like to start a group together and we can recruit other mummies? Were are you located? you can contact me on

10. Carla says:

I am now in a mothers group as part of central coast family health (the hospital will organise it for you) – but keen to meet lots of coast mummies. Wouldn’t hurt to start our own group – the more support for us all the better ๐Ÿ™‚

11. kylie says:

how will we go about organising to meet up ?

12. Mandy says:

Hi Kylie,

I have recently moved from Sydney to the central coast. I have a 10 month yr old son & would like to get into a mums & bubs group. Has anything been organised yet?

13. Kylie says:

Hello message me on ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Luana says:

Hi there,

I have moved to the East Gosford area from Sydney late last year and have a 3 months old baby girl, I am part of a mother’s group in Erina but would love to meet other mums on the coast, please let me know if you organize anything.

15. Jaime says:

Hi there,
    I just found this website from a search. We have moved to the Central Coast from Sydney (originally from Canada) a few months ago. We have two boys who are 9 and 6 as well as an 8 month old daughter. I am wondering if there are any mothers groups in the Kincumber or Erina area? We go to Gymbaroo now but that gets pretty expensive ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Kelly says:

I have recently moved to the central coast from melbourne and have a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. Would love to meet up with mums on the coast for our kids to play together

17. kylie says:

hello what part of the coast are you from?.I have a 1 year old little girl organising play days

18. Kelly says:

I live in Ettalong Beach. Would love to organise a play date for my little boy. My email is

19. Bianca says:

Hi all,
    I live on the central coast and am looking to join a mothers group / playdate for my little boy. My son Bailey is 6 months old. My email is

20. Camille Peterson says:

Hi There
    I moved to the central coast 18 mths ago im 34 and have 4 boys 15yrs,9yrs and 6mth old twin boys the day after moving hear i found out i was pregnant and then discovering there was twins.
    iv never really had time to meet other mothers as the past 18 mths has been very busy i would love to meet other mothers for coffee chats or just shopping im also interested in play groups or mothers groups if anyone knows of any my email is
    many thanks.

21. Sonja says:

Hi I have a 2 year old son and live in Umina and I meet up with a group ofmum’s every tuesday with children of all different ages we have a group on facebook called peninsula mums you dont have to live ave on the peninsula join we have people from kincumber avoca and narara

22. Wow…. Such interesting.. Thanks for the great information.. And also for this statement about central coast mother!. Well thanks, its a great help… It is my first time here in this site… That is why it calls my attention to visit it again for more source of new information.. Great article..

23. sonia says:

Hi im a first time mum with a 4 month old and live in the Gosford area. I didn’t join a mothers group at first i guess i was a little shy but i would love to join a mothers group or meet other mums out there to catch up for a chat and coffee.

24. sonja says:

peninsula mums facebook group meet up usally on a weekly basis

25. Sherry Keane says:

Hi ladies! I live in Noraville and am looking to join a mothers group or if anyone is interested, we can start one! I’m due in 4 weeks but as I’m new to the area I’m feeling kind of “left out in the cold” when hubby says goodbye in the morning!
    Let me know if your keen on

26. Teagen says:

Hi, I live in the Gosford area and am interested meeting other mums, I have a 1 year old and havent joined any mothers groups due to being a bit shy and shy about my age (19), if anyone is interested please let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

27. Nikki says:

Hi everyone, I too missed out on joining a mothers group as I had my boy at RNSP in Sydney. It has been quite isolating and lonely when my husband is on shift. I started a facebook group with the hope of meeting other mums who would love to socialise. If anyone is interested it’s called Central Coast Mums and Dads Babies Group –
    I’d love to not sit at Gloria’s by myself LOL

28. Sonia says:

Hi mums, im trying to start a new mothers group around the terrigal and erina area. I started a post at
    Really would like to get some more mums on board!!

29. Kathrine says:

Hi Mums, I live in Kariong & I have an 8 year old boy. I would love to join a group with children of similar age. Does anyone know of a group that caters to children aound the age of 8?.

30. Ally says:

Hi my name is ally I have just moved to the central coast, I have 2 year old little girl and I would like to join a mothers group. If anyone knows one that’s good down here please let me know thanks heaps.

31. Carla says:

Hi guys,
    I became part of a mothers group through giving birth at Gosford hospital, but apart from the hospital, I dont think anyone else organises them? I have a 20 month old boy. We should just meet at gosford water front or terrigal one day or something!

32. Louise says:

I am 34 and I have an almost 2yr old boy (2 older sisters 8 and 6), I’d love to meet up with other mums – like a mothers group or coffee, shopping etc. I’m at Hamlyn Terrace (warnervale) my email is

33. Sandy says:

Im a mum of 1 little girl who is 7, we just moved here from Sydney and we are finding it hard meeting mums with older children. My daughter is really shy and I would love for her to meet other kids, I feel so bad for her.
    If you would like to meet up please drop me an email.

34. Kylie says:

hi guys im hearing impaired and im 21yrs old and i got 2 kids and one is going on to 3 and a girl 9 month… im interested to meet up for a playdate… email me and im abit shy person..

35. Mel says:

Hi everyone, I am 25 years old and the proud new mum of a 2 month old son. Would love to meet mums in my area (San remo ) to chat with , have coffee and play dates etc.. Please email me if you can help ..

36. April says:

Hello Everyone….Anyone….:-) yes i am pretty much going to say the same thing as everyone else, i started a mothers group with my first son 5 years ago and made a few really good friends,, but they both work full time and i dont get to see them very often….:-(
    I have since had another baby who is nearly One so i am ready to get out and about again, only second time around at the Mothers group didn’t go as well because i was the only one there with an older child so i didnt really seem to “click” with anyone…:-(
    So here i am, im 28, married with 2 children & im a stay at home mum, all i am looking for is someone to just hang out with, you know just do all the mummy/girly stuff with, as much fun as my one year old is he doesnt really hold a good conversation…;-)
    So if your interested in catching up or have any idea’s apart from mums group to meet other mum’s please email me…thanks….:-x

37. Vanessa says:

Hi All,
    I am a 30 year old mum with a 9 month old little man. He is my first one so he needs some playmates, and i am wanting to meet some nice ladies ๐Ÿ™‚ around the Umina/Ettalong area. Please contact me on

38. Katie says:

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ We just moved back to Australia from Canada a month ago. We are new to kariong and looking to meet other coast families. We have a 17 month old girl who is anxious to meet some new friends. If anyone wants to arrange a play date or know of a mums group email me pls ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Jaime says:

Hi Katie, I send a message to your email but noticed it is a shaw account so I’m not sure if you still check it. Anyway, I am also from Canada and moved back here about 3 years ago. I have 2 older boys (11 and 8) and a 32 month old daughter. I would love to get together if you want and get the girls together. Have you been to the Gosford RSL club? They have a great play centre where the kids can play and the mums can have coffee. Let me know if you want to meet up. My email is

See you,

40. Kimberly says:

Hi there, I’m a first time mum to a beautiful little girl (11wks). would love to meet or join a mothers group to meet other mums. I’m in the Kincumber area my email is ๐Ÿ™‚

41. Vicki Hargraves says:

Hi all Mums and Bubs. I moved to The Entrance last weekend. Had a great mothers group in Shepparton (VIC). Feeling isolated and friendless. Would love to meet other mums. Vicki

42. Maddie Stevens says:

Hey mums, I’ve recently moved to San Remo from the southern end of the central coast. I have a mums group and we regularly meet at Terrigal, but was hoping to meet some mums in my area to go walking with and meet for coffee! I have a five months old baby boy! My email address is
    Look forward to hearing from you all! =)

43. Lani says:

Hi Mums! I’m new to the central coast & have 2 girls. 20 months & 3 weeks old. Keen to make some new friends for myself & girls. Are there any mummy groups in or around the Toukley area? Hope to hear from someone soon! Lani

44. Sonia says:

Hello I am a new mum who has recently moved to the Ettalong area. Looking for some playgroups to join and meet other mums like me , let me know. Really appreciate it…

45. Sonia says:

46. Sonia says:

Morning ladies

I am looking at starting a playgroup in the Ettalong area please send me an email with expressions of interest…
    I am a new mum with a 4 mth old and looking forward to arrange a weekly group of lovely local ladies.. Thanks

47. Gemma says:

Hi I’m 23 from the entrance and i have a beautiful 5 month old boy I would love to join a mothers group as I don’t know anyone from central coast

48. Samantha Lee says:

Hi gemma, also 23 and have a 5 and a half month boy living at the entrance, I’m not sure how old these posts are, but if you or any other mums want to catch up email me at I just moved to the central coast at the start of May so still don’t know anyone

49. Maryanne says:

Hi I live on the northern beaches and I am planning on moving to ettalong early next year,I’m a single mom with 4 children but I will have my 2 little ones with me aged:18months and 4yo as my other 2 are older now….Can someone recommend me a good play group for my lil one and I’m looking into sending my son to the local primary school….I also want to meet new people and connect up with services like centrecare thank you…..

50. Nicola says:

I have just moved to ettalong beach from England with my 3 year old son and husband. I was wondering if there are any parent and toddler groups people can recommend